COTERIE Show


This Monday, I attended the COTERIE Show which is the fashion global event that included women’s apparel, accessories, and footwear. This show gave brands and buyers the opportunities to create synergies that fueled their businesses. My assigned brand name was Elan, it was located at the very front of the show which was easy to find. Unlike other brands that used many decorations to make their pop-up stores stand out more than others. Elan simply displayed its merchandise around, and kept enough space for buyers to look around. When I walked into Elan’s pop-up store, the colors just grabbed my attention. All of the merchandise used neutral colorswhich made them look softer and more comfortable. I also loved thesmotth, soft, and tight-fitting texture of the clothes which also had excellent permeability and absorbent qualities. The design of the merchandise is both fashionable and functional. For example, I saw a sweater that had a scarf, but when you did not want the scarf, you could tie it up and let it be a decoration on your chest.  All of the merchandise was displayed orderly by colors. Elan might not be the most eye-catching brand within the show, but it was much more organized than others.



Also, I’ve learn something about this brand. Since 1991, Elan began to design fashionable clothing with high quality fabrics featuring flattering silhouettes for a relaxed fit, those clothes that he designed are perfect for lounging or your next dream destination. Elan and his wife Galit, get inspired by traveling bring an international edge to the collection inspired by a love of traveling and get into global fashion trends. Women who are grateful for the good quality, The Elan brand is perfect for them. Elan is on their adventure to provide her fashionable and fantastic closet. Whether it is a crochet cover up with bohemian vibes for the beach, a chunky cable knit sweater for a ski trip or a long flowy maxi that will turn heads at dinner, the Elan girl has mastered the balance between comfort and making a statement. (Elan, 1991)

The sales of Elan did not tell me some actions that their brand did in terms of being sustainable, but after I attended this show, I got to know more about a trade show. Before attending COTERIE, I only knew the how trade shows were in the textbook, but I had no idea what a trade show looked like, what merchandise it displayed, and how it worked. I think this activity has a significant meaning for those who are fashion students.

Comments